Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 6 Post 4




This just goes to show ANYONE can get a licence. There's a Dog driving that Truck...



When I was a 18 I was going through what I thought was death by my insides.
My first REAL Heart Break. 

Man it was a rough go. 2 weeks of Celine Dion, Garth Brooks and anything else that screamed, "You can sing really loud to this and shatter windows with your tear filled voice."  


To this day, I think it's still in the top 2 of:
-Ultimate Shock
-Disappointment
-What a Jerk. I could do better! What if I can't? Wait! Yes I can...NEXT! (haha) 
-All this was usually followed up with , "God are you there? It's Amy"
(You still with me?) Break-up's of all time. 



Both of those of those moments in my life made me who I am today..."A Man Hater!"
Kidding...

It just made me stronger. A little guarded maybe, but life lessons never come easy right!


Now I know anyone that knows me thinks my First Husband was one of my Life Lessons in Men. Well you'd be wrong. By the time I left him, NOTHING was a shock anymore. He was just my lesson in:
"Smarten Up and Be More Aware"


So I have to say with all honestly he was just two things: 
A: a sperm donor for two of the GREATEST Kids ever! 
and B: An Awaking


Now lets get real!
I'm not going to talk about what happened with mini-anti-Christ wannabe (What-ever...it's funny!) because it plays no part in today's thought...
But I do remember saying to my Mother the day I had to move back home with a 2 year old, a new born ("colicky" isn't even the word for it) baby, a car (that would soon be towed by the jerk) full of all the baby things I could pack, and "very little" of my own belongings. (Can you say start over!)
"Mom" I said, 
"I left my whole life behind. It's all gone. Everything I worked for (I owned almost everything in that house before marriage) The next man I date will be Red Foreman!!"
-Awesome Amy (haha)

Go ahead, laugh. 
He's a hard-ass. He's rough around the edges. He seems to hate almost everyone he meets. He doesn't have time for crap...
 BUT he has a soft spot for his wife!
Just what I (Finally) realized I needed.

Do I ever shut-up? 
No, no I don't! haha..


SO this brings me back to when I was 18. Crying. Thinking I would live in the corner of my Dark Forest Green room FOREVER!!
My Mom being the Common Sense kinda Women she is didn't have time to hug me and walk me through every single emotion I was going through. She just came into my room and explained (kindly), that the beauty of dating was simple. You get to keep meeting guys that have qualities you like. You get to take those good qualities and move them to the next guy...leaving behind the ones you don't like. 
So as long as I kept on track, looking for what I wanted and leaving behind the things I couldn't live with... I was building "MY MR.PERFECT!" 

Seems so easy right? 
Wait...No it sounds hard...What's the point of this story Amy?!

My point is, it is that easy! I went off course. I lost my focus and I forgot what I wanted after my second devastating blow (guy #2 on Awesome Amy's Heart Break List) I ended up finding the guy that has the same qualities as the idiots that Bark at me when I'm out power walking with my kids in the stroller. THEN Ta-da!! Married Him (This goes on the Awesome Amy's What the Hell Was I Thinking List)




Why do men do that? Why do they literally bark? If they aren't barking, they yell awful sexual things. I HAVE KIDS WITH ME! Did your brain shut-down when you seen yoga pants and your only instinct were to yelling and/or bark? 
Get a life!

ANYWHOO...
 *BAM* Present Life

Out of all the men I dated, I've realized, I need to pick my Red Foremen! 
I did it, I really did! 

I wanted a sarcastic, no nonsense, hard working, moral man with a Job I could respect. I was looking for someone with broad shoulders, iron walls...but had a soft spot for me and my crazy ways. 

Seems once I reevaluated life and it's priorities, I was able to put it out into the World (Or God's Hands however you look at things) 

I could break my Guy down and tell you every single quality he has from any other guy I've ever dated. 
  • Athletic
  • Can Cook
  • Knowledgeable
  • A Guy's Guy
  • Respectable Job
  • Hard Worker
  • Great with Kids
  • Moral
  • Stubborn
  • Sarcastic as all get-out!
My Dream, someone else's nightmare. Life's funny like that!

But please please please don't kid yourself. He's not perfect, I'm not perfect and we can drive each other nuts if we want to. But I couldn't imagine doing this 24/7 job of Life with anyone else! 

POINT!
keep pushing for what you want. Cause life is hard enough without the right ppl in it!

Now all this being said... I still view men like...Well...this:








lol... I know. Some Ladies wouldn't mind this, haha
My point is "Barbarians when in Packs"


Now I leave you with today's shot at women and their so called "Empowering Ways" as I mentioned in my last Blog. 
Mostly because it made me laugh while proving my point...

hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment